🌱 Historical museum scholarship + Free GED program + Vaccines update
Hello, Dunedin! It’s Thursday, so let’s start with everything you need to know about Dunedin today.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
A shower. High: 77 Low: 69.
Here are the best stories today in Dunedin:
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be available everywhere Pinellas County for children aged 5 to 11 from Friday. You can make an appointment to receive the vaccine at Dunedin Pharmacies including Walgreens, CVS, Publix and Shields Pharmacy on Main Street. (ABC Action News)
- Dunedin Public Library now offers a free online career program for high schools. Those who complete the program will earn a private and accredited high school diploma and career certificate. The courses can be taken at your own pace and will give you the tools you need to advance your career. (Press Releases Office)
- Eleven associations Pinellas County received a reduction of $ 1.88 million in grants from Florida Humanities as part of the US Covid relief plan. Each nonprofit received 10% of its pre-COVID budget. Dunedin Historical Museum received $ 25,000, which can be spent on general operating costs. This grant is the most important Florida Humanities has already managed or distributed at the same time. (St Pete Catalyst)
- In honor of Veterans Day, Dunedin town summarizes how he has demonstrated his support for veterans over the years. Our most recognizable tribute is the Arch “Defend Liberty” designed by architect Jeff Smith displayed on the entrance to Broadway Avenue. Dunedin also joined The Hidden Heroes Cities and Counties program in February to help raise awareness of the issues facing military caregivers. In 2006, Dunedin was named Florida’s first Purple Heart City by the Military Order of the Purple Heart. Purple Heart Park is located downtown outside Main Street and houses several tributes to veterans. (Dunedin Patch)
today Dunedin Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Dunedin City Pipe Band is delighted to see the Intercontinental Percussion Championship arrive in Dunedin on February 19, 2022. Dunedin Scottish Arts Foundation partnered with the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association, Metro Cup and Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association to achieve this. (Facebook)
- Dunedin City Florida posted a video of the November 9 meeting regarding residents’ comments on how ARPA funds should be used. (Facebook)
- Dunedin cares is asking for donations for Thanksgiving and Turkey Drive. He’s looking for canned goods, canned stuffing, instant potatoes, and other pantry items. Food can be shipped to the association or dropped off at JC Dunedin Hair Salon. (Facebook)
- Dunedin Stirling Football Club is hosting Thanksgiving Camp November 22-24. Children can register for a half day or a full day of soccer camp. (Facebook)
- Dunedin Chamber of Commerce changed the date of its wine tasting to December 15th. You can now register online. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- DavisDNA & Family Research – Family tree and digital booklet: the best Christmas gift ever! (Visit the website)
- Tarot readings and intuitive consultations with Nicole – Tarot readings with Nicole “Spirit”
- Add your business here
That’s all for today. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.